Healthy Recipe of the Month!
Sports Council's Healthy Recipe - see below for the latest recipe
Healthy, Flourless Oat Pancakes Topped With Fruit by Ciara O – Sports Council Rep
Oats – as many as you desire (normally 1 handful is a good suggestion)
2 x mashed bananas
1 x beaten egg
A sprinkling of cocoa powder (if you want!)
A mixture of chopped fruit of your choice to place on top of the pancake.
- Get a medium sized bowl and mash the bananas into it
- Add all the oats, the beaten egg (and cocoa powder if required) and mix well
- Heat up your pan and add a drizzle of oil (optional)
- Depending on the desired thickness of your pancake, pour your batter into the pan
- After a couple of minutes, flip your pancake over to cook the other side
- Once your pancake has baked, place it on a plate
- Add your chosen fruit to the top of your pancake
- Serve and enjoy your tasty pancakes!
Recipe from last month below!
Healthy Cookies by Maja B - Sports Council Rep, 5TH
Ingredients (makes 11-14 cookies):
1 cup of white, oat or spelt flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1/3 cup of raisins
2 tablespoons of milk (more if needed)
2 table spoons of oil
1/4 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
1.Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then stir in the wet ingredients to form a dough - it will be dry at first but keep stirring until the dough texture is achieved.
2. Form the dough into one big ball and refrigerate for at least two hours or until the dough is fully cold.
3. Once the dough is chilled, preheat the oven to 160 degrees c fan.
4. Form dough balls and place on a greased tray, leaving enough room between each cookie for it to spread.
5. Bake for 11 minutes on the centre rack. They will look underdone when you take them out.
6. Let them cool on the baking tray 10 minutes before touching, during this time, they will firm up!
7. Serve and enjoy!